AltaMed Foundation – Giving Back to Community Where it All Started
Established in 1987, the AltaMed Foundation serves as the volunteer leadership body for our fundraising efforts. Since its establishment, the AltaMed Foundation has raised more than thirty million dollars to support AltaMed in our mission to increase access to comprehensive health and human services and reduce health care disparities in the communities of Southern California. The foundation is currently supporting the following initiatives:
- Reach Out and Read (ROR) has been helping parents read to their children by offering a book at regular check-ups for children from six months to five years old.
- HIV Prevention – We believe that we can eliminate any new HIV diagnoses in our community by offering a variety of free and confidential options to get tested and know your status.
- Workforce Development offers medical assistant training, fellowships, and internship programs that create work opportunities in the communities we serve.
- Youth Services provide access to resources for youth such as reproductive health information, health education classes, and an array of resources for reaching higher educational goals.
- Senior Services have been a part of our organization since the beginning. We offer many services and programs for the seniors in our community.
- Women’s Health resources, like preventive cancer screenings or reproductive health resources are a part of our mission to care and empower the women in our community.
There are many ways to contribute through events, individual or planned giving programs. Please take a moment to browse our site and find out how you can start helping today.